[Qgis-community-team] Questions about translation

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Thu Aug 26 11:43:44 EDT 2010

Le 26/08/2010 09:29, Otto Dassau a écrit :
> Am Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:00:56 +0300
> schrieb Alexander Bruy<alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we start translating QGIS User Guide to Russian. And there is first
>> question about process.
>> Some source files may contain text like this
>>
>> \index{vector layers!ESRI shapefiles}
>> \index{shapefiles}
>> \index{ESRI!shapefiles}
>> \index{SHP files}
>>
>> As I understand, this is entries for index. Should we translate this
>> entries or leave them in English?
>> I look at the original English PDF, but can't find any index. Then I
>> look at the user_guide.tex and find
>> next comments
>>
>> %\input{literature}
>> %\input{index} untested, remind me to check it when the 1.5 release is
>> flagged
>
> yes, seems to be missing. I guess Jean Roc commented the index in the style
> file when we migrated to pdflatex. If he manages to make them work again, it
> would of course make sense to translate the Index files to Russian as well.
>
> It is not commented, because we don't want to use it anymore. It is just
> not migrated yet.
>
> Regards,
>   Otto

The index has never been used in previous versions so I didn't pay much
attention to it and also because the search capabilities of most pdf
readers make it more or less useless. But as a paper version is in work
I'll have a look at it, my advice for translation is to setup a specific
wiki page where each of your contributors can write how he exactly
translated it (to prevent the multiplication of index items).

regards,
Jean Roc