[Qgis-community-team] Questions about translation

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sat Sep 25 16:57:36 EDT 2010

Le 16/09/2010 13:20, Alexander Bruy a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> we want to replace english screenshots in manual with russian and have some
> questions about this. I've search in wiki but as I can see there are
> no guide for
> making screenshots and no requirements.
>
> 1. which resolution must be used for screenshots creation?
> 2. should we resize screenshots or keep orginal size?
> 3. should we use compression when saving png images?
>
> Thanks

Sorry to reply this late

1. 72dpi is the actual resolution for the english version, it is enought
for screen visualisation but if you plane on making a printing verson
you will to upscale to 150dpi to get a correct result
2. it depends to the aim of the capture, you don't need to keep it to
100% if this is just to show the display of an idw interpolation
3. it's always a good practice as it save space on the server :)

For the french version I'm following these additionnal steps :
- redo all the capture on kde with the Oxygen style and a fixed font size
- hide all the toolbars that aren't directly linked to the subject of
the screenshot to avoid that it getting too crowed and messy