[Qgis-community-team] Questions about translation
MORREALE Jean Roc
jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sat Sep 25 16:57:36 EDT 2010
Le 16/09/2010 13:20, Alexander Bruy a écrit :
> we want to replace english screenshots in manual with russian and have some
> questions about this. I've search in wiki but as I can see there are
> no guide for
> making screenshots and no requirements.
> 1. which resolution must be used for screenshots creation?
> 2. should we resize screenshots or keep orginal size?
> 3. should we use compression when saving png images?
Sorry to reply this late
1. 72dpi is the actual resolution for the english version, it is enought
for screen visualisation but if you plane on making a printing verson
you will to upscale to 150dpi to get a correct result
2. it depends to the aim of the capture, you don't need to keep it to
100% if this is just to show the display of an idw interpolation
3. it's always a good practice as it save space on the server :)
For the french version I'm following these additionnal steps :
- redo all the capture on kde with the Oxygen style and a fixed font size
- hide all the toolbars that aren't directly linked to the subject of
the screenshot to avoid that it getting too crowed and messy
More information about the Qgis-community-team