[Qgis-community-team] How to deal with bugs in contributed plugins not on the tracker and without a homepage

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Tue Aug 2 22:50:09 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

The 1.7 release page says this:

"The bug tracker url has changed to http://hub.qgis.org/
<http://hub.qgis.org/> . This is important as it allows us to create a
unified destination for reporting bugs on QGIS Desktop, user contributed
plugins (plugin authors need to establish a project on our redmine site
first)..."

Currently only a few contributed plugins have pages on redmine, and many
contributed plugins do not have a homepage.  In current versions of QGIS
some of these do not work at all, and may not have been maintained for a
long time.

Would it be allowable for people other than the authors of such plugins
to add them to redmine, at least so that we can identify which plugins
are currently broken?

Ideally there would also be a way to flag broken plugins so that they
are not listed in the plugin installer...

Thanks,

Alister