[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 1.6 manual in Japanese

Yoichi Kayama yoichi.kayama at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:10:08 EST 2011

Hi Anne
Hi Otto

Thank you for your advice.
My name is Yoichi Kayama.
I worked about QGIS  as GUI translater  and Manual translater for Japanese.
Translating GUI, I edit the file , then mail it to Werner.
At translating user guide , I ran into some difficulties.
In Japan, We have some version of Latex system, and some kind of
Character code set.

Then we can't decide which Latex and whitch character code , we must use
for  QGIS user guide. Mr Baba ( Fink packager of QGIS) and me tried some
cases .We still have not found a good result.
We could not use Japanese in  PdfLatex. And we coud not use Japanese
in the KomaScript.
I am not familiar with LaTex.
How you create a new Japanese version of the User Guide I am worried.
QGIS users in Japan has increased recently.
I look for in a community of people familiar with the handling of the
Japanese translation and LaTex.

We will open a seminar about FOSS4G on this coming Sunday at Nagoya University.
Where the session will be held on GRASS and QGIS.
     https://sites.google.com/site/foss4gnagoya/di1hui-mian-qiang-hui

Our local FOSS4G conference has been held annually in only Tokyo and Osaka.
This is a first local FOSS4G event at Nagoya.
I am very fun person to increase the use of QGIS.

Regards
                  Yoichi