[Qgis-community-team] Documentation repo

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Nov 14 12:05:03 EST 2011

Hi Jean Roc,

thanks a lot and yes I will add the translation branches we have in
subversion to git, too. I will explain the next days how it all will work in
the future.

Am Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:56:27 +0100
schrieb MORREALE Jean Roc <jr.morreale at enoreth.net>:

> Hi Otto, you can add for both english and french.
>
> Can you import the french part of the svn in git ? I'm still working on
> the 1.7 manual
>
> Le 14/11/2011 17:52, Otto Dassau a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:55:37 +0200
> > schrieb Tim Sutton<tim at linfiniti.com>:
> >
> >> Hi

> >> Ok so Otto isnt able to reply from the network here but he asks to
> >> mention the following:
> >>
> >> - in the next week he will update the wiki with the new procedures
> >> - he will set up permissions for writers to access the docs
> >> - we have filed a OSGEO SAC request to ask them to make svn read only
> >> from now on.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Tim
> >
> > first step is done - the qgis-docs is set to read-only by SAC and we
> > have all parts of the documentation migrated to git - thanks to Tim!
> >
> > You find the content of the qgis-docs repo split up in 5 new repos here:
> > https://github.com/qgis/
> >
> > We devided into
> > - QGIS-Documentation
> > - QGIS-Compilation-Guide
> > - QGIS-Gentle-Introduction
> > - QGIS-Developer-Cookbook
> > - QGIS-Brochure
> >
> > next steps:
> >
> > 1) within this week I want to update the wiki with the new procedures and
> > howtos.
> >
> > 2) Add write permission for users who want to work on the english manual
> >    update for 1.8. This is the current list from subversion. I think we
> >    will have to clean up a little. Please have a look and write, if you
> > are still interested or not.
> >
> > aghisla
> > alesarrett
> > bogzab
> > cdavilam
> > cengel
> > custard
> > dassau
> > djq
> > dr
> > geognu
> > jrm
> > ludo
> > lutra
> > martijn
> > micha
> > musbandishoev
> > robert
> > rospus
> > santini
> > sholl
> > taraathan
> > tbecker
> > vesnikos
> > wbprime
> > yjacolin
> >

> > 3) Add write permission for translation leads, so they can create forks
> > and organize translations with other translators.
> >
> > At http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Manual_Translation#Translation_Maintainers I
> > find currently these translation coordinators. We should check, if this
> > list is still uptodate, too:
> >
> > French: Jean Roc
> > German:	Otto
> [...]

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee