[Qgis-community-team] convention for label/reference

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Thu Apr 26 10:04:05 EDT 2012

Am Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:59:34 +0200
schrieb Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com>:

> 2012/4/24 Larissa Junek <junek at gbd-consult.de>:
> > For sections we could simply use the section name as label. for
> > example ".. _`working with vector data`:"... but for figures?
> >
> > Any hint is welcome.
>
> Hi Larissa
>
> I would do the following, looking at the
> user_guide/introduction/getting_started.rst document:
>
> .. _`getting_started`:
>
> ================
> Getting Started
> ================
>
> This ......
>
> .. _`getting_started-installation`:
>
> Installation
> =============

> .. _`getting_started-figure-simple_session`:
>
> .. figure::_static/simple_session.png
>    :align: center
>
> what do you think?
> In case eveyone agree with this we could update the readme/reame.rst
> file with this
> thanks

Hello Paolo,
thanks for your suggestion. If we proceed like this the references
can't be read fluently. I made a suggestion in the index.rst:

Now we test our project WMS, add the WMS with the URL
'http://localhost/cgi-bin/project/qgis_mapserv.fcgi' as described in
section `Creating a WMS from a QGIS project`_ to QGIS and load the WMS,
see figure `fig_wmsproject`_

The first reference now can be read easily the second is written after
the conventions we made so far.
Maybe there's another possibility for references in rst like for example
in HTML?

Kind regards,
Larissa