[Qgis-community-team] convention for label/reference

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:10:38 EDT 2012

2012/4/26 Larissa Junek <junek at gbd-consult.de>:
> Hello Paolo,
> thanks for your suggestion. If we proceed like this the references
> can't be read fluently. I made a suggestion in the index.rst:
>
> Now we test our project WMS, add the WMS with the URL
> 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/project/qgis_mapserv.fcgi' as described in
> section `Creating a WMS from a QGIS project`_ to QGIS and load the WMS,
> see figure `fig_wmsproject`_
>
> The first reference now can be read easily the second is written after
> the conventions we made so far.
> Maybe there's another possibility for references in rst like for example
> in HTML?

Hi Larissa
it was just an idea inherited from the Python documentation style guide.
I would be more comfortable with schematic and short cross link labels (ex
mychapt-mysect) that with descriptive long ones.
But that's just my idea ;)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net