[Qgis-community-team] Translation of images

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Aug 1 12:48:16 PDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>>
>> We adopted another approach in the end - with a little script we
>> rename the static directory before generating the docs for each
>> locale. See
>>
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Manual
>>
>> and
>>
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Manual/blob/master/post_translate.sh
>>

> much easier, yes we could use the same approach for all the other
> documentation, to keep consistent the whole thing
>
>> We havent announced it widely yet because I want to remove some
>> linfiniti branding still and add some QGIS branding, but the results
>> of our efforts so far are here:
>>
>> http://manual.linfiniti.com
>>

> Tim, this is really cool :)
> Hope to have it soon integrated with the rest of the documentation as well

Thanks. How easy would it be to 'pootle enable' it? I would love to
see it translatable online along with the QGIS User Manual. Perhaps we
can use it as a test bed since we don't have all the legacy
implications from the manual? Also once the manual conventions are
finalises we will try to align the training manual to those where
possible.

Regards

Tim

> cheers