[Qgis-community-team] buttons and popup texts

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Thu Aug 16 07:01:40 PDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:31:00 +0200
Diethard Jansen <diethard.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In order to make the documentation more explicit I would like to
> change the appearance of button items
>
>  * from
>    * press this button :guilabel:`Press me` and something happens!
>    * press this button **[Press me]** and something happens!
>
> I also would like to change the appearance of the popup texts that are
> presented with toolbar items:
>
>  * from
>    * select toolbar item |mActionAddNonDbLayer| :guilabel:`Add Vector
> Layer` and a menu appears!
>    * select toolbar item |mActionAddNonDbLayer| :sup:`Add Vector
> Layer` and a menu appears!
>
> When approved I will change the readme.rst, conventions.rst and will
> personally take care this new 'late' convention is properly applied by
> reviewing all documents on buttons and tool buttons with popup
> messages and where neccesary changing this before release of
> 1.7.4/1.8.0.
>
> See the result in working_with_vector.rst where I have applied
> proposed new styles.
>
> Regards,
> Diethard
Hello Diethard,
thanks for your efforts to improve the buttons and popup texts. I would
like to suggest you the following procedure:
can you change the buttons and popuptexts in the files that are
done or ready for a review? In the meantime I will work on the
rest of the files e.g. working_with_projections and grass_integration.
I will help finishing the conversion to rst afterwards. Please sign in
your name for the review so that i can find out where I can work on.
Kind regards,
Larissa