[Qgis-community-team] please vote for graphic implementation

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Fri Aug 24 08:01:32 PDT 2012

Hello all,

after six months of work, we approach the end of the conversion to
rst :). One 'last' thing we should clarify before we proceed with the
updates is how we program graphics. Currently there are three versions
implemented:

1.
###
the figure:
.. _`plugins/plugins_gps/loadgpx`:

.. figure:: img/en/plugins_gps/loadgpx.png
   :align: center
   :width: 40em

   The *GPS Tools* dialog window

the rst reference for the figure is:
see Figure `plugins/plugins_gps/loadgpx`_

and in the manual it would look like this:
"See Figure plugins/plugins_gps/loadgpx"

2.
###
the figure:
.. _figure_vector_3:
.. figure:: img/en/shapefileloaded.png
   :width: 650
   :align: center

   Figure Vector 3: |qg| with Shapefile of Alaska loaded |nix|

the rst reference for the figure is:
Figure_vector_3_ shows

and in the manual it would look like this:
"See Figure_vector_3"

3.
###
the figure:

.. _`grass_location`:

.. figure:: img/en/grass_location.png
   :align: center
   :width: 40em

   GRASS data in the alaska LOCATION

the rst reference for the figure is:
see Figure `grass_location`_

in the manual it would look like this:
"See Figure grass_location"

I would prefere to have only one version at the end, so people who are
interested to help don't get confused. My favorite is version 2, since
it shows a relation between figure caption and reference in the text.
But before we start to rewrite all figures, I would like to ask what
your opinion is.

Can you please vote for one version, so we can adapt the others asap?

Kind regards,
Larissa