[Qgis-community-team] Q-GIS case study from Tanzania

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Feb 13 08:05:23 EST 2012

Hi,

I can add the case study. Could someone, who was involved select 2 figures
and write a text, with structure and length similar to what you find in the
other already existing case studies, please?

Then send it directly to me as a zip file and I will add it this week.

Am Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:08:56 +0000
schrieb Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 07:55 +0000, Nick McWilliam wrote:
> > Hello Q-GIS community team -
> >
> > We just wanted to let you know about a successful two-day GIS training
> > session held in Tanzania last week, using Quantum GIS. Would you like to
> > use this as a case study?
> > (http://qgis.org/en/community/qgis-case-studies.html)
>

> this is really a nice case study! can someone add it to the QGIS page?
>
> I would also make another try (contacting Luiz Motta, that is a active
> member of the qgis community) to write a case study about this project
> in the Amazon forest
>
> http://portal.mda.gov.br/terralegal/pages/ferramentas
>

> > At a technical level, the one area of difficulty we encountered was with
> > direct GPS connection, so EasyGPS and MapSource were used as
> > intermediaries.
>

> what was the problem?
>

> > The Table Manager extension came to the rescue for altering and deleting
> > attribute fields - might this become part of the standard installation?
>

> When qgis will be compiled against gdal 1.9 (should happen soon) then it
> will be able to delete/rename shapefiles fields without the need of any
> 3rd party tool.
>

> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee