[Qgis-community-team] automatically create substitutions for icons in global.rst

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Thu Jul 5 02:30:56 PDT 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:36:45 +0200
Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also agree and would leave it in conf.py. This makes it easier for
> new translators/writers to work on the manual. Keep it simple is very
> important since contributors often change - I think.
>
> Regards
> Otto
>
> Am Wed, 4 Jul 2012 22:28:09 +0200
> schrieb Diethard Jansen <diethard.jansen at gmail.com>:
>
> > Yes, maybe you are right.
> > I am finishing the replacements in an hour. It could take a few
> > hours to program the python program. I have seen quite a lot
> > substitutions in conf.py that definetely are used just in on rst. I
> > will put all my substitutions in top of the rst document when
> > others find they can use it as well it can be transferred to
> > conf.py. I guess in the document working_with_vector.rst you will
> > find the majority, so just have a look there first.
> >
> > regards, Diethard.
> >
> > 2012/7/4 Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com>

> > > RST
> > > include
> > > but
> > > >

> > > http://packages.python.org/an_example_pypi_project/sphinx.html#substitutions

> > > include
> > > found

> > > most
> > > not
> > > changed
> > > in
> > > ../img/en/mActionLabeling.png,

> > > be

> > > Hi
> > > the idea would be to have a common place where to store
> > > substitution only for images that are in many pages.
> > > I believe that a big part of the ones that now are in conf.py are
> > > used only once in the user guide, so it would make sense to me to
> > > leave in conf.py only the images that are used more times, and
> > > place the other to each single page.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paolo Corti
> > > Geospatial software developer
> > > web: http://www.paolocorti.net
> > > twitter: @capooti
> > > skype: capooti

Hi,
I see a problem proceeding like this.
Not only that now we have a complicated procedure to include the
icons, it will be difficult to check which icon is used only once and
which icon is not. I would like to go on as is and define the icons in
the conf.py. We are nearly finished with the migration of the user
guide it won't take a long time to define the icon in the conf.py...
Kind regards,
Larissa