[Qgis-community-team] Translation of images

Rudi Thiede rudi at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 9 08:34:23 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm working on setting up translation for the QGIS Training
Manual<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Manual>and would like to
make it consistent with the QGIS
Documentation <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation> system.

I see that the .po files for translations are in "source/translated", but
the images aren't under there. Since all images currently live in
"[chapter]/img/en/" (for each chapter of the docs), I'm assuming that
translated images should then be in "[chapter]/img/[language]/".

Is this correct?

Also, how will a translated document point to the correct image? Will the
image paths be part of the translation - therefore it's up to the
translators to create translated images, name them, and specify paths? Will
the document generation process (e.g. sphinx-build) be able to find the
images automatically if they are in "[chapter]/img/[language]/" rather than
under "source/translated"? Are any special measures needed to make this
happen?

Hope this makes sense :) Sorry if this has been asked before, I only joined
this list just now.

-- Rudi