[Qgis-community-team] Transifex as an alternative approach to Pootle?

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:41:35 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> even if we are going to use Pootle, it would be interesting to have a
>> quick test with the solution adopted by the Ushahidi team [1], based
>> on Transifex [2] (still a Django development)

>> [1] http://blog.ushahidi.com/index.php/2012/08/21/localization-and-translation-with-transifex/
>> [2] https://github.com/transifex/
>>

> Sorry for a very late reply. I dont have enough experience on these,
> so I think we should take your advice, pick one and go with it (based
> on in order of importance):
>
> - easy for users
> - easy for integration with doc process, git etc.
> - easy for sysadmin

Hi Tim

thanks for the feedback.
At this point, given my total lack of time (unluckily!), I would go
with the Pootle approach, as it is already installed and working (need
to do some test, though).

If anyone is willing to test some other approach, these are the most
common road I am aware of:

* Pootle (already on line: http://translate.qgis.org/, we only need to
soft link the git doc project subdirectory to Pootle projects)
* Transifex (never tested)
* Weblate (tested at Lyon HF, but didn't like a couple of things about
it at that time, but maybe now things are changed and would be worth a
try)

curiously, they are all written in Django
regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net