[Qgis-community-team] Transifex as an alternative approach to Pootle?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Oct 26 04:02:32 PDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 05:41 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:

> thanks for the feedback.
> At this point, given my total lack of time (unluckily!), I would go
> with the Pootle approach, as it is already installed and working (need
> to do some test, though).
>
> If anyone is willing to test some other approach, these are the most
> common road I am aware of:
>
> * Pootle (already on line: http://translate.qgis.org/, we only need to
> soft link the git doc project subdirectory to Pootle projects)

Hi Paolo,

I think we are getting closer to starting to open doc translation
(either by downloading a po file from github and translating it in
linguist, or by using translate.qgis.org). But to me it looks like
translate.qgis.org is not 'linked' to github yet?

Eg. http://translate.qgis.org/fr/qgis-user-guide/ shows that the intro
should be 100% translated, but
http://documentation.qgis.org/html/fr/user_manual/preamble/foreword.html
is still 100% english...

Is it easy to fix and to incorporate in current workflow?

What was the idea? That he po files used by pootle would be maintained
(and pushed to github manually) by a language-maintainer?

Or is there a more intelligent way, in which pootle is really synching
it's files to/with github?

Do you have time to either do this or write something down in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation so others can try to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde