[Qgis-community-team] SEXTANTE docs in User Guide

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 01:35:07 PDT 2012

Hi all,

as all you probably know, now SEXTANTE framework is a part of
QGIS core. I think it is an important functionality  and we need a
section or subsection in QGIS User Guide for it.

As I can see there is already folder for SEXTANTE docs and placeholder
file in it [0]. There is also documentation for SEXTANTE written by Victor
Olaya (cc-ing) in RST format here [1]. If anyone want to look at HTML version,
here is it [2].

I know currently we are busy with documentation restructurization and
conversion to RST. Should we add sextante docs to repo now or it is
better to wait for call for manual update?

If we decide to move SEXTANTE docs now, I'm willing to help with this
and hope Victor will be able to help too.

Opinions?

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/user_manual/sextante/sextante.rst
[1] https://code.google.com/p/sextante/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdocs%2Frst%2Fsource%253Fstate%253Dclosed
[2] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/tree/master/python/plugins/sextante/help