[Qgis-community-team] enumeration for figures

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Oct 16 09:14:16 PDT 2012

Hi Larissa and Diethard,

Larissa, I saw your changes in qgis_browser/qgis_browser.rst and think we
should change all screenshots to your suggestion. What do you think? This
would then hopefully be the last big change for figures? Or is sth else
missing / not properly working?

Am Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:23:24 +0200
schrieb Larissa Junek <junek at gbd-consult.de>:

> Hi Diethard and Otto,
>
> using Diethards suggestion I found out that if we insert the expression
> later in case of linkage you are linked also to the headline of the
> figure:
>
> .. _figure_browser_import:
>
> .. only:: html
>
>    **Figure browser 1**
>
> .. figure:: /static/user_manual/qgis_browser/browser_import_shapes.png
>    :align: center
>    :width: 40em
>
>    Drag and drop shapefiles with QGIS browser |nix|
>
> This way you can call the reference and you will be linked to **Figure
> browser 1**.
> What do you think about my suggestion? If you agree with me I will
> insert it into the README.
> Kind regards, Larissa
>
> > Hi Diethard and Larissa,
> >
> > the solution for html and pdf figures works well I think. It is of
> > course again some work to adapt it, but I would suggest we change it.
> >
> > Regards
> > Otto
> >
> > Am Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:02:29 +0200
> > schrieb Diethard Jansen <diethard.jansen at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > There is a directive for conditional output!
> > >
> > > .. only:: html
> > >
> > >    This text will only be printed in HTML not in PDF!!
> > >
> > > We can use this as follows:
> > >
> > > .. only:: html
> > >
> > >    Figure Subject 1
> > >
> > > .. _figure_subject_1
> > >
> > > .. figure:: /static/user_manual/subject/a_figure.png
> > >    :align: center
> > >    :width: 30em
> > >
> > >    This is the caption of a figure (not preceded anymore with
> > >    Figure Subject 1:)
> > >
> > > I am pretty sure this is a working solution but also a lot of work
> > > to change!
> > >
> > > I think I just have managed to finish putting all figures & icons
> > > back in the manual since the reconstruction of the manual which
> > > took place in Essen.
> > >
> > > Regards, Diethard Jansen

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee