[Qgis-community-team] doc theme questions

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Oct 20 08:50:22 PDT 2012

Hi (apologies for the delays, still travelling)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the theme we now using for html is the linfinity theme of Tim.

ahem its *linfiniti* :-)

> There has been a question about searching in the docs. I found that in the
> theme we use the 'sidebarsearch' is commented out in layout.html
> Here locally uncommenting it builds a version with a working search box.

Great.

> I've just checked it in, to see if we have a working search in
> http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/user_manual/
> tomorrow. If working, we have to do some styling.
> (mmm, searching for 'dxf' works nicely, but searching for 'wms' does NOT
> give results??)

I dont have any experience with the sphinx search system so I cant
help much here sorry.

> There has also somebody asking about the license text in the template. Tim
> can you please tell us which mentions of licenses and linfinity you want to
> be there, and which maybe can be removed?

You can remove them all and completely brand it as QGIS - perhaps just
leaving a note in the themes readme or whatever.

> Last point: the disclaimer is (very!) clearly visible in html output, but
> not so well in pdf. Is somebody aware of a way to do some pdf styling? Or
> should/can we use another 'role' like warning or so to make pdf showing it
> better?

You can style the pdf to a point. Simples way is just to use the
wallpaper latex extension - I can get an example to you when I get
home in a few days....feel free to nudge me on it if I forget.

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
>
> Richard