[Qgis-community-team] Documentation build failed

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:03:35 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've found that commit fc0bc6d91d07d "solved some warning from documentation
guidelines and gentle introduction to gis" breaks documentation build. Sphinx
crashes with next error

writing output... [  0%] documentation_guidelines/README
Exception occurred:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/docutils/nodes.py", line 692,
in replace_self
    'Losing "%s" attribute: %s' % (att, self[att])
AssertionError: Losing "ids" attribute: ['figure-readme-1']
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-Ngb9Z4.log, if
you want to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
message can be provided next time.
Either send bugs to the mailing list at
<http://groups.google.com/group/sphinx-dev/>,
or report them in the tracker at
<http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issues/>. Thanks!

For me seems that problem caused by addition of lines

+The result looks like this:
+
+.. _figure_readme_1:
+
+.. only:: html
+
+**Figure Readme 1:**
+
+.. figure:: ../static/common/qgislogo.png
+   :width: 20 em
+   :align: center
+
+   A caption: A logo I like

to source/documentation_guidelines/README.rst. At least removing line

+.. _figure_readme_1:

fixes build for me. Anyone confirms? Maybe we shouldn't push
changes that break build until work completed?

--
Alexander Bruy