[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Training Manual

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:06:51 PDT 2012

Hi Diethard,

thanks for feedback. I already started to use icons defined in conf.py.
Mailnly it works fine, there is only one thing: different naming conventions
for images. In User Guide we use readable filenames, while in Training
Manual used numbers. As result document sources are bit messy.
Not sure is it worth to rename all images to something readable, this
will require a lot of work.

2012/10/25 Diethard Jansen <diethard.jansen at gmail.com>:
> Hi Allexander,
>
> The idea of having a common folder was to put there our icons/images that
> are used in more than one rst- document/manual and have one style (sphinx
> template) applied to all documents. So please, reuse defined substitutions
> used for the icons,  You will find defined substitution for icons in
> source/conf.py. We have planned to add the substitions of icons +
> presentation of the icons to the documentation guidelines manual, but it
> still needs to be done.
>
> When in a future release new icons will be used, replacing the figure of the
> icon will occur in all manuals..
> The chance that two substitions are created for the same icon is also small.
> A substition created for an icon in one manual may cause problems in other
> manuals (oversized icons mixed with normal sized icons may occur for
> example).
>
> Regards, Diethard

Bye,
Alex