[Qgis-community-team] Translation based on what the document???

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:17:24 PDT 2013

Hello Seong-Kyu Lee,

Yes you are right, the source code in transifex has been updated in git.
When a single dot is missing (or has been added) the translated sentence
from transifex will not be translated.
Here follows the advice and analysis I have given to the Japanese
Translation Team..

First get and install the transifex client, information from:
http://support.transifex.com/customer/portal/topics/440187-transifex-client/articles

I think your translation has progressed actually really well with
transifex..

Here follow the statements that you can run on your QGIS-Documentation
repository without loosing too many items for the japanese
translations. Maybe you prefer to use other git commands instead.. but
these are the ones I would use..

git checkout manual_en_v1.8
git pull
tx pull -f --language ja
git checkout --
i18n/ja/LC_MESSAGES/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.po
git checkout -- i18n/ja/LC_MESSAGES/docs/user_manual/preamble/features.po
sh ./scripts/pre_translate.sh ja
sh ./scripts/post_translate.sh ja
git commit -a -m "updated japanese translations from transifex"
git push

Ofcourse check first if you are happy with the result before committing
anything. The pull of transifex client does not automatically merge and
commit information, it 'just' overwrites current files in your workspace..

Why revert translations of getting_started.po and features.po from
transifex? Because otherwise you end up with less translated items!! The
reST files have been changed too much after they have been send to
transifex for translation. This is the reason why we have to update
transifex although I found the result better than I thought it would be.

Analysis:
file: before transifex --> after transifex
getting_started.po:  74 translated, 6 resembling, 1 untranslated --> 67
translated, 4 resembling, 10 untranslated
features.po: 111 translated, 11 resembling, 0 untranslated --> 19
translated, 55 resembling, 48 untranslated
qgis_gui.po: 282 translated+1 resembling+43 untranslated --> 252
translated+44+30

Regards Diethard