[Qgis-community-team] OpenGeo supporting QGIS

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:43:42 PDT 2013

Hi everyone

As you might have probably heard, we annnounced today [1] that we will
be adding QGIS support to our services at OpenGeo, and that we plan to
invest resources in improving both QGIS itself and its documentation.
Our idea is to improve the possibilities of QGIS to interact with
other of the products that we support, like GeoServer or Post GIS, but
also to generally improve QGIS itself for all users.

Since I am the most active OpenGeo member in the QGIS community,
please feel free to ask me if you want to kknow more about this. We
want to coordinate with the QGIS community as much as possible, and
our plans are still rather open. Documentation is one of the things we
want to start working on, and we are still figuring out where it will
be better to focus our efforts, so your ideas will be more than
welcome to guide us and make our work as useful as possible for
everyone.

I hope this will bring some good things to the QGIS community, and
will try to do my best to make it happen.

Thanks in advance!

Victor

[1]http://blog.opengeo.org/2013/07/22/qgis-a-powerful-desktop-alternative/