[Qgis-community-team] Map of QGIS contributors

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 22:02:56 PDT 2013

Hey all,

As part of my FOSS4G keynote on QGIS I would really like to show a map of
the all, or as many as I can get, developers/contributors on our project. I
think it will be good to show the world wide effort that goes into this
project and how you might have a developer/contributor living next door :)

I don't expect exact address of where you live.  Just give me what ever you
are most comfortable with, town level would be good if your comfortable
with that so we can at least show spread. There will also be no names on
the final map, although if people are keen for that we can always make a
public version later.

We have a map of the users on the plugins site which I turned into a
printed one at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madmanwoo/8715654343/in/pool-qgis so I'm
looking to do something like that for developers/contributors.

This is not just for core developers, if you have submitted any code, doc
updates, or patch, translations, this applies to you too.   I'm thinking of
highlighting the different types of contributes

You help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Nathan