[Qgis-community-team] Web translations

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 05:04:36 PST 2013

Hi guys
the Pootle application was operative until some weeks/months ago.
I think it should be as easy as fixing some soft link to the server:
those soft links, one for each language, should point to each language
directory containing the .po translation files, for example for
Italian there should be a soft link to this directory:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/i18n/it.
I could try to give a try tonight and fix it.
The major concern with Pootle is the possibility of generating
conflicts when it is in a workflow where it is not the only tool being
used for translation.
Meanwhile it should be worth to give a deep look to the Transifex
software, that is being used by some of very popular projects (Django,
OpenStack..) and it should have a more solid gitHub integration.
regards

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about looking at it in Valmiera!
> I would also welcome the possibility to also include the GUI translation
> files into the web-based translation ..
> We should make the entrance as easy as possible for helping hands..
>
> regards
> werner
>

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe Paolo Corti could have a look again?
>>
>> Regards
>> Otto
>>
>> Am Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:07:42 +0100
>> schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

>> > Hi all.
>> > git is proving a significant hindrance for translation volunteers. What
>> > is
>> > the state of the web translation interface? http://translate.qgis.org/
>> > seems unused. Would it be possible to activate it? I think this will
>> > greatly help widening our translators base.
>> > All the best.
>> > - --
>> > Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia

Paolo Corti