[Qgis-community-team] Web translations

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Mar 4 05:28:39 PST 2013

Hi,

ok, does somebody have time to investigate Transifex software during the
hackfest?

I think it is not an option that all translators switch to pootle, if it is
not really stable with github. And I guess we will always need to work with
other tools on the github repo from time to time, don't we?

Am Mon, 4 Mar 2013 14:04:36 +0100
schrieb Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com>:

> Hi guys
> the Pootle application was operative until some weeks/months ago.
> I think it should be as easy as fixing some soft link to the server:
> those soft links, one for each language, should point to each language
> directory containing the .po translation files, for example for
> Italian there should be a soft link to this directory:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/i18n/it.
> I could try to give a try tonight and fix it.
> The major concern with Pootle is the possibility of generating
> conflicts when it is in a workflow where it is not the only tool being
> used for translation.
> Meanwhile it should be worth to give a deep look to the Transifex
> software, that is being used by some of very popular projects (Django,
> OpenStack..) and it should have a more solid gitHub integration.
> regards
>
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > What about looking at it in Valmiera!
> > I would also welcome the possibility to also include the GUI translation
> > files into the web-based translation ..
> > We should make the entrance as easy as possible for helping hands..
> >
> > regards
> > werner
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> maybe Paolo Corti could have a look again?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Otto

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee