[Qgis-community-team] Transifex project created

Marie Silvestre marie_silvestre at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 17 08:19:14 PDT 2013

Which version of the documentation is on transifex (it really sounds like some medicine..)?
It looks like it comes directly from the i18n/en/ directory in github and it is not up to date with the rst files. An example with qgis_gui :

The first string in the corresponding rst file [1] is :
"When QGIS starts, you are presented with the GUI as shown below
(the numbers 1 through 5 in yellow ovals refer to the six major areas of the
interface as discussed below):"
whereas in transifex and in en/.../qgis_gui.po [2]  it's :

"When QGIS starts, you are presented with the GUI as shown below (the
numbers 1 through 7 in yellow ovals refer to the six major areas of the
interface as discussed below):"

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/manual_en_v1.8/source/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.rst
[2]https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/manual_en_v1.8/i18n/en/LC_MESSAGES/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.po#L33

Appart from that it looks fully functional and featured!

Translators have already subscribed to the french team!

Marie