[Qgis-community-team] Transifex updates

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Mar 22 05:45:12 PDT 2013

Hi

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Am Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:29:36 +0200
> schrieb Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> 8<---------------------snip--------

>> > Good idea, I think this would be great! If anyone wants to complain,
>> > please do it now ;).
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot Tim
>> >

>> I have created a transifex release and tagged all the resources in 1.8
>> accordingly. The release is visible here:
>>
>> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-documentation/r/1-8/
>>
>> I am busy pushing the po files up for the release version - it would
>> be great if you could all do the same cross checking to see if
>> everything is as expected. Your workflow woould then need to be
>> updated to edit only the files in the transifex release. I will make
>> another 2-0 release resource set which will correspond to the files in
>> master.
>>
>> Note: the tx push is still underway - it may take an hour or two more....
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>
> ok, this means, we have to stop committing files translated with linguist
> etc and only use transifex from now on?

No not at all - you can still push your hand updated po files - just
click on any v1.8 resource and choose 'upload file' from the box that
appears.

> And what if we make changes to the english master document. Is it necessary
> to use some special tool also, or can we just use a normal editor as we did
> so far and commit our changes to master?

If you change the source texts, you (as in specifically Otto as at the
moment only you and I have admin rights) should run

scripts/pre_translate.sh
scripts/create-transifex-resources.sh

> Will it be updated in the 2-0 release resource automatically?

No we can push all the 1.8 po translation files to the transifex 2.0
version and it should pick up all the matching strings. Probably we
can make a script to automate forwarding translations from one release
to the next.

Just bear in mind that I am learning this stuff as we go so I
apologise for any wrong steps we may have along the way.

Regards

Tim

> Regards
> Otto