[Qgis-community-team] Transifex pull but no translations

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Mar 24 08:03:52 PDT 2013

Hi Diethard

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Diethard Jansen
<diethard.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Werner,
>
> Don't get me wrong, I like the online translation with transifex and I hope
> we have soon sorted out the full workflow. Then I will help to document it,
> because although it becomes easier for the translators, for the language
> coordinators who make sure documents are properly translated it is still
> pretty tough.

I was able to pull your changes using the following syntax:

tx pull -f --language nl -r  qgis-documentation.v1-8-docs-foreword
--mode translator

I don't think the translator mode is really needed. You should be able
to pull all resources using:

tx pull -f --language nl

While we are learning our way please make backups of your local work
and check carefully the changes pull to make sure they are valid. From
my diffing it looks like you removed some latex markup in the changes
and so all seems fine. I don't know all the nuances yet - like why
were are required to force the pull in some cases - I will update on
the list as I figure these things out.

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
> Diethard
>

> 2013/3/24 Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Transifex is quite new in our workflow and I am sure it will take some
>> time to integrate it well..
>> I know that might not help right now but those little bugs are helping in
>> making the workflow better ..
>>
>> I am reading transifex documentation to find out how to deal with
>> transifex .. maybe I'll be enlightened later :)
>>
>> kind regards
>> Werner
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Diethard Jansen
>> <diethard.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Using the transifex client to update my local git repository with
>>> translations did not work as expected.
>>>
>>> I used following statement after I was sure my git repository was up to
>>> date..
>>> Then I gave following command to only receive new translations for the
>>> Dutch branch only from transifex in git branch manual_en_v1.8.
>>>
>>> tx pull --language nl
>>>
>>> Following statements I found in written output..
>>>
>>> Pulling translations for resource qgis-documentation.v1-8-docs-foreword
>>> (source: i18n/en/LC_MESSAGES/docs/user_manual/preamble/foreword.po)
>>> Skipping 'nl' translation (file:
>>> i18n/nl/LC_MESSAGES/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.po).
>>>
>>> Yes indeed I made some changes to the v1-8-docs-foreword, but why does it
>>> mention the english directory as source? Skipping ogc_client_support.po was
>>> correct, no changes there.
>>>
>>> Anyway a git status report shows me that nothing was changed..
>>> a git log stats report shows me that no new commit (with merged changes)
>>> was added either..
>>>
>>> So I guess the current process is not working properly yet, or I am doing
>>> something wrong.
>>>
>>> Can someone confirm or show me what I am doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Regards Diethard

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services