[Qgis-community-team] Transifex translation of the manual

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 02:29:27 PDT 2013

Is it safe to copy translations from 1.8 branch to master?
Personally I merged russian traslation into master when
finished work on user guide.

Also some documents didn't change too often, e.g. governance
doc, gentle introduction etc. And someone can translate them'
in master branch instead of 1.8. So if we simply overwrite .po
files, we can loose some translations.

Maybe we need more strickt rules: disallow any translations in
master, and define rule about merging completed translations
from release branch into master?

2013/9/21 Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:
> On 21-09-13 11:20, Otto Dassau wrote:
>
>> Could you explain how it should be done from your point of view?
>

> I Otto,
>
> just exactly as you say:
>
> 1- branch manual_en_v2.0
>
> 2- merge/copy all .po files from manual_en_v1.8 to the right place in
> manual_en_v2.0 i18n directories (maybe just copy the full manual_en_1.8/i18n
> directory over the v2.0
> 3- test a build and check if translations come through (maybe fix filename
> changes??)
> 4- push to transifex
> 5- pull back locally and now check in a starting version in Github
>
> 6- remove the DISCLAIMER from the manual_en_v2.0
> 7- change the script in QGIS-Website to use manual_en_v2.0 branch
>
> In future;
> 8- serve both master and v1.8 docs in the same theme as docs somewhere
>
> If you do 1 and 6, I'm happy to to the other numbers. Just let me know when
> it is branched.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Alexander Bruy