[Qgis-community-team] community info on frontpage

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Feb 9 01:07:12 PST 2014

Hi Richard,

Am 09.02.2014, 00:14 Uhr, schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net>:
> I've did a simple hack, on which the atomfeeds of flickr and planet
> would be received once a day via curl or so.
> Then some javascript reads this and creates some simple html of it.

That's great! I really like the idea of having some new things to discover
on the front page. For the Flickr feed, I would prefer if we could use the
Maps instead of the Screenshots group feed.

> Information is as is, eg some titles could be more descriptive...

Right. The Flickr image names are pretty lame ... The names of the images
in the maps group should hopefully be a bit more descriptive.

I would limit the number of images to 3 and remove the static image on the
top.

> Usergroup news is fake, and not linking to anything. But in case of some
> atom feed, it would link to meetup pages, QUG pages or whatever.

As long as there is no feed, where do we hard-code the stuff? I found the
UK blog and we have some information from the US group that we could put
on.

Best wishes,
Anita

--