[Qgis-community-team] Server manual

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Jun 9 10:13:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have started including the Server manual in the Developer Guide I have
been working on [0,1,2] (currently in writing hiatus until after 2.4
release). I have not converted the Server wiki page over to rST, but am
planning on it.

I think it is more appropriate in a Dev Guide, since it is more about
server configuration, which IMO is a bit more than most users are prepared
to do. I am looking to add configurations for other lightweight server
setups as well. For example, lighttpd/spawn-fcgi is already used for the
labeling unit tests, and I have used nginx/uwsgi in the past; both with
mapproxy as well.

The Dev Guide is very much in an alpha state. Not quite ready for pushing
to Documentation repo, yet. Any opinions or help is appreciated.

I am using the Dev Guide a basis for the Becoming a QGIS Developer workshop
at FOSS4G in Portland. It will be using a custom VirtualBox VM, extended
from the upcoming OSGeoLive 8.0 release.

[0]
http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/dev_guide_draft/html/en/docs/developer_guide/index.html
[1]
http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/dev_guide_draft/html/en/docs/developer_guide/installing_server/index.html