[Qgis-community-team] user manual 2.0 good news

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Thu May 8 03:15:58 PDT 2014

Hello Alexandre and all,
it's great that you found a solution for the image size.
In order to complete the English version of the user manual we have
moved the deadline on the 14th May. We would be happy if all
participants could complete their work by then (Luca, Alexandre,
Eileen, Larissa, Matthias).

Best regards,
Larissa

Am Thu, 8 May 2014 01:35:20 +0100
schrieb Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> After some more testing and some help from the texi2dvi mailing
> list[], I think I finally found out the solution for our image size
> and resolution for both PDF and HTML.
>
> The problem did not lay on the configuration file or texi2pdf
> settings but in the image files itself. All that is needed to do is
> to open the screenshots in GIMP and change their print resolution
> from 72 dpi (the origina resolution of screens), to something like
> 135dpi (we can decide which the more suitable resolution). Also, its
> needed to remove the width size settings form the rst files for those
> images.
>
> The good news are that images will show at their original resolution
> in HTML (below maxwidth of the page) and at a different (more suited
> resolution) in the PDF.
>
> Please check my Pull Request
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/219 and see how it
> builds both html and PDF before you accept it
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > I adapted image size again and the pdf and html look ok to me. The
> > problem is not solved yet, how to automatically optimize figure
> > size and resolution for html and pdf build. But to whom should we
> > wait to solve this?
> >
> > I don't think we should stop translation any longer, now that the
> > content is up-to-date.
> >
> > Regards
> > Otto
> >
> > Am Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:48:43 +0100
> > schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:

> > some

> > > Hi Otto,
> > >
> > > sure fine, but is all work on images in pdf and html now ok?
> > >
> > > I just did 'make world' on the server, so within some time this
> > > url
> > >
> > > http://docs.qgis.org/testing/
> > >
> > > should show you current status. (by the way:
> > > http://docs.qgis.org/2.0 is currently pointing to exact the same
> > > place, but will be updated after branch to point to a 2.0 build
> > > of the docs)
> > >
> > > This url:
> > >
> > > http://docs.qgis.org/testing/pdf/
> > >
> > > should contain pdf's dated on the 5th of November.
> > >
> > > Please check if these are all ok.
> > >

> > > If OK, we could branch 2.0,
> > > I'll run 'make pretranslate' on it, which will generate
> > > pot/english po files which then can be pushed to Transifex.
> > > At that moment the Transifex documentation project wil NOT be the
> > > translations of master anymore, but the translation of 2.0
> > >
> > > To be sure nobody we can remove all .po files (translations) from
> > > master branch, but that means that even current translations will
> > > NOT be
> > visible.
> > > So
> > > at http://docs.qgis.org/testing/
> > > will only be available in english...
> > >
> > > Not sure if that is what we want though..
> > >
> > > Regards,

> [...]

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540