[Qgis-community-team] classification modes in graduated symbology

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:17:16 PST 2014

Hi all,
I know it's too late (maybe not) I think it's worth to add a very
small description to the equals, quantile, pretty breaks, etc..
classification in the graduated renderer menu.
I can handle this, but I'm not totally sure of the content.

Here what I understood:
* equals: classes have the same range (e.g. field goes from 0 to 16, I
want 4 classes, intervals are each 4 units)
* quantile: classes have the same number of elements on the inside
(the idea of a boxplot)
* natural breaks: the variance within each class is minimal while the
variance among classes is maximal
* pretty breaks: the same of natural breaks but the extremes number of
each class are integers
* standard deviation: ranges are created depending on the standard deviation

If possible I can add this lines in the documentation. Someone can
help me to improve the description?

Cheers

Matteo