[Qgis-community-team] Branching 2.8 docs?

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:44:14 PST 2015

Hi all,

What is current status of the 2.8 documentation? Seems with LTR release
we need to review our workflow and branch LTR documentation in same time
as QGIS branched.

If we stick with previous workflow when documentation update is done in master
it is impossible to document new features, available in upcoming
non-LTR releases
until LTR documentation is ready. For example I'm about to commit  into QGIS
updated TauDEM Processing provider and also want to update corresponding
entries in User Guide. But current documentation master is still for 2.8.

Maybe we should branch 2.8 documentaton and continue to update it in branch.
This allow developers and volunteers to update master branch by adding
information
about new features.

Opinions?
--