[Qgis-community-team] Looking for data to use in qgs-projects for screenshots

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:36:27 PST 2015

I believe the Postgis connection was needed for some example, and I have
used my local machine.

Richard, I have updated the guidelines to highlight the link to the alaska
data set. Not sure if the link markdown is correct. Can you have a look?
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/commit/40e53d0a1cf43776830a8365cbfb55e388bb93eb

Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> escreveu no dia ter, 24/11/2015 às
16:28:

> On 24-11-15 16:50, DelazJ wrote:
> > According to
> >
> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/README.html#add-new-screenshots
> ,
> > there are qgis projects that can be used to shape screenshots for the
> > QGIS-Documentation project.
> > I can find the project files at
> >
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/qgis-projects/user_manual
> > but QGIS is unable to reach the data sources. The link to data in the
> > qgs file seems broken and no shp file is present in the repository.
> > Am I missing something? Any idea where I can find the data?
>
> For what I know the data used for all screenshots come from the Alaska
> data set:
> http://qgis.org/downloads/data/qgis_sample_data.zip
>

> If you look into the xml of the qgis files, you see relative paths to
> shapefiles:
>
> <datasource>../../../qgis_sample_data/shapefiles/rivers.shp</datasource>
>
> see:
>

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/qgis-projects/user_manual/working_with_vector_02.qgs#L4147
>
> So:
>
> if you download the zip, unpack it and put the folder in the same
> directory as you have QGIS-Documentation folder, the qgis files 'just
> work' :-)
>
> Note: I checked on qgs file and see there is also a postgis connection
> in it... but the shapefiles loaded.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde