[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Dec 3 23:54:01 PST 2017

On 03-12-17 23:43, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>     You are right, the installer can't handle it. Whenever the server
>     returns the
>     301 page, the installer assumes it's a corrupted zip file. I'll try
>     to fix it
>     soon, maybe within next few days, but I can't promise.
>
>     Anyway, the installer connects to the repository via https for a
>     long time, so
>     the only reason for the redirection is the plugin download urls are
>     hardcoded
>     as simple http:// Alessandro, shouldn't they follow the same
>     protocol? Fixing
>     it will solve the problem as well.
>
> I'd prefer to not double the cached files but I'll see what I can do.
>
>     Btw. please note QGIS caches the repositories, so after changing the
>     download
>     urls, we still need to clear the cache in the Options dialog ->
>     Network ->
>     Cache settings (I'm not sure what's the cached data lifetime?).

Yes, though it would be nice to have this fixed in the PluginManager
too, the safest way is to let the plugin-website always return
plugins.xml with httpS-url's (independent on if the request was http or
https).

In that way, also older QGIS/PluginManager versions will work, as they
can request a http repo, but get https url's back, which then do not
have a redirection need anymore.
Then we can in near future do the http->https request again (after the
caching time).

Am I right?

Regards,

Richard