[Qgis-community-team] QGIS maps on the scale of micrometers

Ben Linzmeier bjlinzmeier at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:56:07 PDT 2018

Hello QGIS community,

A small group of geochemists at the University of Wisconsin have been using
QGIS for compiling *in situ* geochemical data across multiple instruments
(both point analyses and rasters) on the scale of micrometers. We just
published a short article in Eos highlighting this unique use case (
https://eos.org/project-updates/making-maps-on-a-micrometer-scale)  and
have put together a tutorial website (linked in the article) for this
particular use.

As this development was a major time saver during the course of my
dissertation work, I would like to thank everyone for their efforts in
developing and documenting this amazing tool. If you would like a
reformatted or slightly different writeup for the QGIS website case
studies, please let me know.

Cheers,

Ben Linzmeier
Ubben Postdoctoral Fellow