[Qgis-community-team] International Day of the Girl

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Sep 30 23:27:02 PDT 2018

Hi Kana,

Il 09/29/2018 02:45 AM, Kana Walsh ha scritto:

> Mr. Cavallini,
>

> Thank you for your reply!Ā šŸ˜
>

> The first thing would be to createĀ training materials on using the
> application for children my age. The existing training materials are
> too complicatedĀ for children my age to understand. Videos might be better.

there is plenty of videos on QGIS over the internet, created by many
different people; do you think there is something missing?
do you think our Gentle Introduction is too complicated?
https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/gentle_gis_introduction/

> The second thing would be to create create a kid-friendly version of
> the software. A mobile app might be better with a simpler interface.

we have two in fact:
* Qfield http://www.qfield.org/
* Roam https://roam-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Could you please check and let us know?
The QGIS interface can be totally customized, removing all the
complicated stuff, thus creating a much simpler interface. Would you
like to try it?

> The third would be to work with kid organizations like National
> Geographic Kids.

We'd be glad of it. Could you please create a contact here?

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: