[Qgis-community-team] [Aus-NZ-QGIS-group] Should we tackle QGIS docs in 2020?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 15:32:03 PST 2019

Hi Cameron,
Hi Grant,

I think we have already swapped some messages on twitter some time ago.

The best way to help the QGIS Documentation team is to help us with our
main focus at the moment, the User's manual. From a recent meeting, it was
clear that the Training manual is not a priority (maybe because there are
lots of sources for tutorials and training in the www). Our secondary
target is the PyQGIS Cookbook, which fits more python programmers.

Our goal is to have all new features (<=3.10) documented in the user's
manual until the release of 3.10 as LTR, which will happen in February 2020.

All the new features to document are listed as github issues. Our goal now
is to tackle those that are labled as 3.10 or below.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues

The easier way to start editing the documentation is using github web
interface. The following the instructions can help:

https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/first_contribution.html#using-the-github-web-interface

Very important: don't be afraid to "break" something, there will be people
helping you to make it well.

English review is also very welcome.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto