[Qgis-community-team] can somebody help me - update my master

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 09:34:57 PST 2020

Can you explain what do you mean by "my master" ? Do you mean your master
branch ON your computer or your master branch ON github (your github
repository) ?

In the case of your master on github, I usually let it, it's far behind,
because usually it's doesn't hurt to have it behind. Nobody use it.
For your master branch on your computer, you can do:
git checkout master
git merge upstream/master (to merge from "upstream")

Then, only if you want to update your master on github, you can do
git push origin master
But I honestly never do this command. And I don't use a PR too.

PS : I'm assuming your remote are called upstream and origin, like:
etienne at longitude:~/dev/qgis/QGIS-Documentation (master)$ git remote -v
origin git at github.com:Gustry/QGIS-Documentation.git (fetch)
origin git at github.com:Gustry/QGIS-Documentation.git (push)
upstream https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation.git (fetch)
upstream https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation.git (push)

In the Netherlands next month, just ask us ;-)

What Alexandre said works too if you want to update your master on github.