[Qgis-community-team] Implementarion version in Function help JSON Files

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:19:56 PDT 2020

Hi,

Sorry for the cross-posting.

Because we only release documentation for the LTR versions (3.10 now) and
testing (which represents master), in the past, we have been adding the
version of QGIS where each function was added. That way, someone looking at
the testing documentation, would know that some functions were only
available, for example, after QGIS 3.12. Once the new Documentation release
for 3.16 is out, all these tags are removed and only used again for 3.18
functions.

Meanwhile, at the QGIS-Documentation, we are now fetching the Expressions
Function list (and its description, arguments and other
information) directly from QGIS Code using a python script, more precisely
from the JSON help files available in this folder:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/resources/function_help/json

Would it be ok for us to add a new key with the "implementation version" in
the JSON files for some of the functions?

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto