[Qgis-community-team] Minutes of the QGIS doc meeting

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Mar 24 01:03:03 PDT 2020

Hi,

This was the list:

1) make SOURCE-push via github to transifex work (yaml.. and integration
app)
2) automatically pull/git-push po files (so locale dirs are more or less
in sync with github)
3) automatically build all lanuages in 3.10 and master via CI (travis
key etc?) or github?
4) create a true 'translate here' url (pointing directly to the right
resource)
5) fix translated builds !! 'cs' for example
6) create 'colored banner'
7) ? create ranking page with % translations ? via REST
8) pycookbook fix

Ad 1) I'm talking to Transifex as I fail to be able to link (again).

Ad 2) could be some script on a server or part of the build process.
Though in my experience pull one translation takes about 15 minutes per
language, so not sure if we want to do this too regurarly...

Ad 3) this is just about automating the build: should be easy to do
using either Travis or Github (make all) IF the CI has some key to be
able to rsync/ssh to qgis2

Ad 4) bonus

Ad 5) some translated builds have a lot of warnings because of errors in
translation strings. So somebody (prefereably speaking the lang) should
fix these

Ad 6 ) being worked on

Ad 7) bonus

ad 8) Alessandro is working on this

If you (Alexandre) are familiar with building (and rsyncing to
webserver) on travis or github things or whatever, feel free to implement.
For those interested: we are not able to build locally on github at this
moment because python is too old there. We either have to build in
docker (create scripts), or on a separate machine (that's why CI).

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde