[Qgis-community-team] Minutes of the QGIS doc meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:04:15 PDT 2020

Re creating new webinars,
I suggest you loop in Gaia Resources (Piers CCed) who have created QGIS
video training courses, and almost came on board to help with QGIS Season
of Docs last year (they couldn't quite find the bandwidth to commit).

In particular, I suggest offering to refine and extend their existing video
material rather than create a competing one.
https://www.gaiaresources.com.au/qgis-vids/

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 02:25, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matteo et all,
>
> I wasn't able to join, the family pressure is constant...
>
> Richard, let me know if I can help with any of this. Maybe add those tasks
> as issues in GitHub? Or, as Delaz suggested as items in projects.
>
> Using the QGIS-Documentation repo wiki would be nice to store the
> "decisions/ideas" from the meetings.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:19 AM matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a very brief summary of the meeting of yesterday:
>>
>> * me and Richard (especially Richard) made a quick summary for all the
>> participants of the new framework of the documentation: new RTD theme,
>> new building system
>> * Alessandro unlighted us of his current work of reviewing the pyqgis
>> cookbook
>> * we decided that it would be very useful to make this meetings
>> periodically (one a month?). Meetings open to everybody
>> * Hans, Rosa, Kurt and Raymond want to set up 2 webinars to introduce
>> new people to the documentation. @Larissa are you available to replicate
>> what you wanted to do in Den-Bosch?
>> * there are still some stuff to do to conclude this migration, Richard
>> is taking care of these, but an additional help would be really
>> appreciated (@Richard could you share here your todo list?)
>>
>> Maybe it would be also good to share these minutes (and the future ones)
>> somewhere in the qgis repo? In the Wiki maybe? Ideas welcome.
>>
>> Basically that's all.
>>
>> Please share you thoughts!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Matteo