[Qgis-community-team] Archive Documentation 3.16

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 31 03:01:50 PDT 2022

On 3/31/22 11:53, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If no one opposes it, I will archive the QGIS 3.16 Documentation as it will no longer be updated, right?
> This avoids people translating its resources in vain.

If I am correct Harrissou wants me to run a build (which I will do tomorrow or this weekend), to have a good build (we have some issues currently).. Then he will probably archive it.

Another thing: when I google I still get pointed to some very old docs, like 2.18 etc
It is NOT doable to do redirects for all those (except pointing 2.18/something just to 3.22/)

So I want to propose to ONLY keep 3.16 and 3.22 builds online (maybe 3.10).
Though it is cool to have docs from 1.8 around :-), I think Google sending people to such ancient url's is not good for the project.

Opinions?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde