[Qgis-developer] LaTeX newbie questions

Brendan Morley morb at beagle.com.au
Thu Jul 27 22:45:51 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

Given my newbie experience with adding in documentation, I had a couple
of issues.  In each case, I am trying to get a nice presentation in the
PDF output of the User Guide:

1. How do I get tips, figures, etc. to be placed in-line?  Figure 5 (the
picture of England) now appears on PDF page 28 when its reference in the
text appears way back on page 25.

2. How can I get the index to appear in the bookmarks of the PDF viewer?
Currently it goes from "Building Plugins" to "Cited literature" (with
"Cited literature" bookmarking to the first page of the index!)

By the way, I consider my next task is to go back through my commit logs
and fill in the fine details of the User Guide accordingly.  (That's the
main reason my commit messages are so verbose, actually.)

Thanks!
Brendan