[Qgis-developer] LaTeX newbie questions

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 29 08:39:11 EDT 2006

Hi
On 27/07/2006, at 23:45, Brendan Morley wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Given my newbie experience with adding in documentation, I had a
> couple
> of issues.  In each case, I am trying to get a nice presentation in
> the
> PDF output of the User Guide:
>
> 1. How do I get tips, figures, etc. to be placed in-line?  Figure 5
> (the
> picture of England) now appears on PDF page 28 when its reference
> in the
> text appears way back on page 25.

You can suggest [h] to place the picture 'here'. Sometimes the only
way to get the picture to place close to your text is to use
clearpage (but that can leave a half a blank page in the middle of no
where so its not always desireable....

See this page for more

http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/bibliog/latex/floats.html

> 2. How can I get the index to appear in the bookmarks of the PDF
> viewer?
> Currently it goes from "Building Plugins" to "Cited literature" (with
> "Cited literature" bookmarking to the first page of the index!)

For me the index does appear....there

Regards

Tim

> By the way, I consider my next task is to go back through my commit
> logs
> and fill in the fine details of the User Guide accordingly.
> (That's the
> main reason my commit messages are so verbose, actually.)
>
> Thanks!
> Brendan

Tim Sutton
tim at linfiniti.com