[Qgis-developer] Failed to load NAD27-83 correction file

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:33:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have got this error on windows. I have to inspect how/where
to install those files (if possible, because the files are binary
and I worry that it is difficult to recompile them with crosscompiler).

I write this because I believe that interactive application should not
exit whenever it fails to load a file. I have seen already similar
things, for example 'sqlite_open cannot fail' etc in the code
(which obviously failed on Windows).

I would like to as you to handle such cases more carefully
and user friendly, especially if you are opening a file.
I think that if QGIS fails to load a resource it should give
a message box with warning but it should continue to work,
not exit immediately.

thanks
Radim