[Qgis-developer] a lesson to be learned?
radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 05:03:36 EST 2006
I think that DT (Dunc Tank) is quite different from what we proposed for QGIS.
1) They hired RMs (release managers) while we want to hire experienced
developer working on code.
2) They do not define well what work is payed exactly. We want to fix bugs
from bug tracker.
3) They dont measure the work which was done. We expect regular
reports from the hired developer saying which bugs were fixed and
we will be able to calculate at least price per bug (obviously it does not
say much but we have at least something)
4) It is not clear to me how they have chosen those 2 RMs. We opened
the possibility to apply for everybody and we are going to vote
to choose one.
If there are any objections we should definitely vote (gang of 13)
1) If we want to hire somebody
2) If so, vote about the process, especially if PSC or G13 should vote
So far, my impression was that we have general consensus to hire
somebody to fix bugs and release 0.8 as nobody said nothing
against this idea.
On 11/1/06, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> an experiment very similar to ours:
> hopefully we'll do it better.
> - --
> Paolo Cavallini
> email+jabber: cavallini at faunalia.it
> Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy Tel: (+39)348-3801953
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Qgis-developer mailing list
> Qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org
More information about the Qgis-developer