[Qgis-developer] a lesson to be learned?

Steve Halasz stevehalasz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:35:40 EST 2006

I think paying someone to fix bugs is a great idea. The flap over
Dunc-Tanc surprised me. However those 2 devs were chosen, I know at
least Steve Langasek is one of the hardest working and most
knowledgeable devs in Debian. He is very no-nonsense and appears to just
do work rather than bicker over this and that. Although perhaps if I had
made a huge time investment in Debian I would feel, "why not pay me?"
But regardless of who gets paid, I think it's pointless to be upset
about it if you're not being paid. You can continue to contribute to the
project the way you always have, because presumably it is fun for you.
And it is pointless to worry about how people are chosen to be paid or
how their performance is being measured, since the people paying the
money will certainly look after their interest in that matter.

Steve