[Qgis-developer] qt4 on 64bit

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 19 02:24:52 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to build qgis_unstable on fedora core 5, 64bit.  I got stuck for a while trying to get past Qt configure checks - and have finally got it.

My libs are stored in /usr/lib64 and this is the 'standard' used in the latest qt4-devel rpm for my 64bit environment.  This seems to be the root my trouble.

Two observations:
1) I got confused by needing to use --with-qtdir since qt4 doesn't install in the same way as qt3 in this environment.  It just puts everything in /usr/lib64 and /usr/include.  So I was forced to set --with-qtdir=/usr.  Can we change it so that it automatically checks there?

2) The configure check for lib vs lib64 is failing for some reason.  It is around line 19374 in configure or in the top of acinclude.m4:

 if test "`echo ${libdir} | sed -e  's#.*lib64.*#64#'`" = "64" ; then
   _lib="lib64"
 else
   _lib="lib"
 fi

I don't know how to fix the test (or even test the test!) but when I forced it to use lib64, my configure actually worked:
 else
   _lib="lib64"
 fi

Hope we can find a better way to handle this - any suggestions?  I'm glad to help out testing this.  Let me know if I forgot some vital information.

Take care,
Tyler